I need to get better at taking pictures of food. Usually there is this huge disaster in the kitchen and I am afraid of the background, plus I am herding the kids in to eat before it gets cold, so in the midst of that, I take a quick picture that does no justice to how good this super healthy dinner tasted.
For this recipe I adapted two recipes. I found one on pinterest and one on allrecipes and turned this into a delicious clean eating low carb meal. You could also easily serve this with brown rice, and it would still be clean but with a few extra carbs and calories.
Roasted Brocoli (this is also a wonderful side dish if you are not making the chicken Marsala)
2 large crowns of brocoli, cut, washed and DRIED thoroughly
4 TB olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced (Pampered Chef peeler and slicer – so helpful!)
1 lemon (for juice and zest)
1 more tablespoon olive oil
Heat oven 425
1. Toss brocoli, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic in large bowl.
2. Roast brocoli on foil lined cookie sheet 25 -30 minutes until browned and crisp tender.
3. Pick up foil and put all brocoli and garlic into large bowl. Toss with lemon zest, juice of half the lemon and 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Serve as a side dish or topped with Chicken Marsala
fresh Asiago cheese, grate 1/4 cup
1/4 whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
3 TB olive oil
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup Marsala wine
2 TB pastry flour
1. Combine: flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in large ziplock bag.
2. Add chicken to bag and shake until chicken is coated.
3. Heat skillet to med-high, add olive oil, add chicken, brown.
4. Add mushrooms and stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add wine, cover, reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Take out about a quarter cup of sauce and whisk in two tablespoons pastry flour. Add this combination back into the skillet and stir in. Let simmer for 2 more minutes. Serve over roasted brocoli.
Chicken Marsala adapted from allrecipes
Brocoli Recipe adapted from a Pinterest Link